Little Star Speech Therapy currently has two new exciting Employment opportunities to join our wonderful team, for a new Qualified Speech Therapist, and a new Receptionist/Administrative Assistant. Please see job descriptions below and if you have interest in any of these two positions please contact us via the contact page with a cover letter, and your current CV.
Position title: Speech Pathologist
Primary Objective: The position’s objective is to work towards the provision of high
level, quality Speech Pathology care and management to the local community. The
role will strive to make a difference to people’s lives by providing individuals with
opportunities to maximise their potential.
• Bachelor of Speech Pathology or equivalent undergraduate degree.
• Current Membership of Speech Pathology Australia and unpaid adherence to
Speech Pathology Australia Professional Self-Regulation programme.
• Current Working with Children Check
• Current National Police Criminal Check
• Current Apply First Aid Certificate
• Current driver’s licence.
• Broad clinical experience with pre-school and / or school- aged children
• Specific skills required in management of language delay and disorder,
phonology, fluency, developmental delay, autism spectrum.
• Demonstrated time management and organisational skills and ability to
coordinate an assigned caseload.
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an interdisciplinary team and
provide patient centred practice.
• Directors of Little Star Speech Therapy
• Comprehensive assessment of client’s speech and language skills.
• Provision of written reports, letters as required.
• Planning and implementation of quality treatment programs.
• Demonstrate commitment to best practice principles in the delivery of services
within the specific discipline.
• Liaison with referral source and other key service providers as required.
• Maintain clinical records, client documentation and provide information and
report on services delivered as part of service agreements with community
• Administration duties as required.
• To arrange own appointments or to liaise with reception staff.
• Making own resources (e.g. symbol boards) for therapy and clients as
needed. All resources developed and utilised with Little Star Speech Therapy
clients will be shared and made available to all other Therapists.
• Apply collaborative family centred practice principals in service delivery.
• Attendance at meetings to discuss administrative and clinical matters.
• Attendance at regular supervision sessions which may be weekly or
• Represent Little Star Speech Therapy in a professional and diligent manner.
• Promote Little Star Speech Therapy services in appropriate networks and
forums, and where possible market services provided to potential clients.
• Meet required deadlines for processing of NDIS funded invoices.
• Engages in continuing professional development/education and ensures
continuous eligibility for membership of Speech Pathology Australia (SPA) as
per essential criterion
• Participate in the maintenance of a safe work environment.
• Undertakes other duties as directed.
Position Title: Receptionist/Administrative Assistant
Primary Objectives: To provide integral administrative and reception support to a speech pathology practice team.
This role includes liaising with clients and allied health professionals.
- Administrative duties such as greeting clients, answering phones, booking
and rebooking appointments, digital filing, and data entry
- Billing, Invoicing and receipting patient and accounts
- EFTPOS knowledge
- Follow-up on unpaid accounts
- Supporting directors and speech pathologists
- Monitoring client flow and practice in /outgoings
- Updating client files/records
- Word, Excel and Power Point proficiency
- Run errands when required (ex. Office Works)
- Ability to multi-task and take initiative
- Professional telephone manner
- Reliable, motivated and flexible
- Strong attention to detail
- Personable and confident
- Quick learner and able to follow procedures
- Able to work well within a team environment
- Must be adept with the Windows Operating System
- Well presented
- Knowledge of NDIS desirable
Skills & competencies:
- Customer service focused: committed to providing exceptional customer
service across all channels – written, phone and face to face.
- Communication: the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, varying
communication style depending upon the audience
- Attention to detail: excellent attention to detail and written skills when
communicating with others, both internally and externally
- Commerciality: ability to apply knowledge in a practical, commercial manner.
- Teamwork: willingness to assist and support others as required and get on with
- Time management/organisation: accomplish objectives effectively within
time frame given, and carry out administrative duties within portfolio in an
efficient and timely manner.
- Directors of Little Star Speech Therapy
- WWCC clearance
- Police Check
- First Aid/CPR Certificate
- Driver’s licence desirable