Little Star Speech Therapy currently has new and exciting Employment opportunities to join our wonderful team, for new Qualified Speech Therapist's. Please see job descriptions below and if you have interest in this positions please contact us via the contact page with a cover letter, and your current CV.
Position title: Speech Pathologist
Little Star Speech Therapy is Hiring!
Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
Healthcare & Medical
$65,000 - $120,000
How we shine:
Are you looking for a supportive team environment? Could you benefit from A-class mentoring with Dr Sarita K Hamall and her team? Are you interested in a long-term career path that will enhance your credibility within the industry? If so, we welcome you to get in touch!
Little Star Speech Therapy is a growing practice that continues to gain notoriety as a ‘results-driven clinic’. We value all employees like family and our main focus is to provide quality treatment over quantity. We care for our speech pathologists and ensure their success by providing clinical mentorship throughout their career path. Little Star is a highly regarded clinical practice that reaches out to the community. We receive referrals from the private sector, NDIS participants and from clients in remote areas via Telehealth.
Little Star has expanded and re-located to the beautifully built Konara building, which means “people gathering” in Awabakal. We collaborate and work alongside the Hunter ENT’s, who own and operate from the Konara building. Our large, modern, ‘space-theme’ fit-out is a true inspiration to staff, clients and families.
Check out our Google reviews about our amazing team and services.
How you shine! We are seeking:
• Multiple speech pathologists for part-time (3-days minimum) or full-time employment
• Experienced, new or soon-to-be graduates are all welcome to apply!
• The applicant must have a highly engaging, adaptable and warm personality to fit into our team culture
• Previous experience treating speech and language disorders in paediatric, school-age and adolescent clients
• Previous experience working with clients with disability and young children with ASD
• Established ability to assess all speech and language disorders using a variety of assessment tools
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills is a must!
• Certified Practicing Speech Pathologist (CPSP) membership with Speech Pathology Australia
• Current WWCC, First Aid Certificate, and NSW Police Check
• Eligibility for Medicare Provider number
• Driver’s licence with comprehensive car insurance
• Desirable: Experience delivering the Hanen Program, the Lidcombe Program, Prompt, Sounds Write, Nuffield, or other PD experience
How our building and clinic ‘space’ shines:
• Located in the Konara building which has Workplace Cycle Facilities (if you’re sporty) with a secure bike station, changing rooms, showers and lockers
• Modern female and male bathrooms plus private bathroom with a baby change table
• Delicious coffee available daily at the coffee cart located at the building entrance
• Newly built clinic with a modern ‘space-theme’ fit-out that is attractive to staff, clients and families
• 7-large clinic rooms privatised with small and large tables for various-ages of clients and for parents
• Private kitchen and car parking for staff
• The comfort of working in a professional and secure building (key pad punch code to enter)
• Large resources room filled with all assessments and toys/ Super Duper resources for ease of delivering treatment
• A ‘teaching room’ with an observation window (2-way mirror) to provide clinical mentoring without disturbing the client or parent during the appointment
You will benefit from:
• Above award wage offered varied to experience
• Generous PD budgets provided yearly
• Guild indemnity and worker’s insurances paid for by the business
• First Aid and CPR compliance paid for by the business
• Manageable caseload with admin time built into sessions
• Personal laptop provided to all clinicians and access to multiple iPads
• Paid monthly staff team meetings
• Ability to work from home if required with our Covid-Safe Policy
• Clinical mentoring provided and weekly 1-1 meetings troubleshooting difficult cases
• Stuttering mentorship provided by Dr Sarita K Hamall, which is a gap area of knowledge
• Opportunities for career advancement within the business
• Awesome and supportive team culture who enjoy each other’s company
• Full-time administrative support with a Receptionist and Practice Manager
• Regular wellness checks with the Practice Manager
• Awesome Directors and Practice Manager who are approachable and flexible to your work/ life balance and needs
If this position sounds like a good fit for you, please apply by sending your cover letter and resume to Sarita.Koushik@gmail.com.